I think it is funny how all the Muslims here are preaching tolerance and the Christians are preaching hate and intolerance. I refuse to even watch the videos because I know they will be full of ignorance. I refuse to break the peace Allah has given me just to see it. I am a recent convert and I am a white American girl. I have never been particularly religious though I have always tried to be a good person. When my fiance converted I was devastated because I would have to convert if I wished to marry him. I did not want to call myself something I wasn't (unlike many Christians today who don't even follow the teachings of Jesus, peace be upon him, and the Bible). But we made an oath of trust that I would believe him and try it. He was in an extremely bad situation being homeless for 2 months and Allah had provided him food and money when he asked. I knew there was some truth. After 2 weeks of consistent prayer and squashing the doubts Shitan whispered in my ear, I finally felt this amazing and overwhelming sensation of joy and peace. I had finally understood Truth. No one had to tell me. I read on my own. Allah then fixed my life and lifted my veil so that I could see clearly. Before I wondered aimlessly only moving deeper into darkness.
The only thing keeping anyone (including Christians) from converting to Islam and understanding Truth is pride. Your pride stands in your way and you side with the jinn (demons) who will not bow to those they feel superior to. You will not bow to God as God. You don't want to be wrong or see things differently. Islam came to correct the mistakes of man and former Knowledge that was sent and perverted.
If you have no pride and are humble as God wills, you will bow to him and ask him to guide you perfectly as he wishes. You put too much importance on wordly things such as money and traditions. It is only your arrogance that speaks when you claim to know better than God.
If you truly loved Jesus(pbuh), then you would be following his teachings of love, compassion, charity, and humility. Most adult Christians are hateful, racist, and act as though they know all that God knows and can enact punishment against others in his name.
But it does not matter. We are told not to worry with those who we cannot help or show the path, for Allah has cursed them with veiled eyes to wonder deeper into sin and despair. Allah saves who he wills. If you gave Islam a chance to touch your heart, surely you would be overcome with joy and enlightened by Allah himself.
It has completely changed my life so truly you all do not know what you are talking about when you speak hate against Islam and your own God you claim to love.
And now we have a few questions:
(1) Danielle, it doesn't sound like you did any research at all before converting to Islam. Rather, it sounds like your conversion was based entirely on feelings and an answer to prayer. I have heard many almost identical testimonies from people who converted to Christianity, Mormonism, etc. My question is this: Does historical evidence mean anything, or is your personal experience enough?
(2) If your personal experience is enough, how would you convince a person who had a similar experience after converting to a different religion? (In other words, since people convert to different religions and have similar experiences, it doesn't seem like religious experiences are an infallible guide to truth.)
(3) You complain about intolerance at the beginning of your post, and yet you've become a Muslim. Could you explain your interpretation of some of the following passages for me? Do they sound "tolerant" to you? Have you reinterpreted them? (I know there's a lot here, so please answer any you feel comfortable with.)
Qur’an 3:32—Allah does not love the unbelievers.
Qur’an 5:51—O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them.
Qur’an 9:29—Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Qur’an 9:30—And the Jews say: Uzair is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!
Qur’an 48:29—Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves.
Qur’an 98:6—Verily, those who disbelieve (in the religion of Islam, the Qur'an and Prophet Muhammad) from among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) and Al-Mushrikun will abide in the Fire of Hell. They are the worst of creatures.
Sahih Muslim 33—The Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer, and pay Zakat and if they do it, their blood and property are guaranteed protection on my behalf except when justified by law, and their affairs rest with Allah.
Sahih Muslim 4366—It has been narrated by ‘Umar b. al-Khattab that he heard the Messenger of Allah say: I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslim.
Al-Bukhari, Al-Adab al-Mufrad 1103—Abu Hurayra reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, “Do not give the People of the Book the greeting first. Force them to the narrowest part of the road.”
(4) You say that Jesus taught "love, compassion, charity, and humility" (I agree). But how do you reconcile Jesus' teachings with Muhammad's clear commands to subjugate and oppress non-Muslims? Do you believe that Jesus preached a radically different message from that taught by Muhammad?
(5) You say that we're intolerant because we criticize Islam. Yet you say that "most adult Christians are hateful, racist." Why is it perfectly loving and tolerant for you to condemn Christians, while anyone who criticizes Islam is a hate-filled, Islamophobic, racist bigot? Am I missing something?
(6) Since you're a woman, I'm wondering how you deal with Muhammad's teachings about women. According to Muhammad, women are inferior to men, husbands can beat their wives into submission, women are stupid, men can have sex with prepubescent girls, men can have sex with up to four wives (along with countless sex slaves), etc. Do you agree with all of these teachings?
(7) Considering practically everyone here is familiar with Muhammad's teachings, do you really believe that the only thing keeping us from accepting Islam is pride?
We look forward to your response.