An Open Debate Challenge to Shabir Ally, Jamal Badawi, and Zakir Naik
Arabic Christian Perspective has hosted a number of debates between Christians and Muslims. However, Muslims have often criticized ACP for not arranging debates with Islam’s top debaters: Shabir Ally, Jamal Badawi, and Zakir Naik. Though we at ACP have attempted to set up debates with some of Islam’s strongest proponents, we’ve found that they are extremely reluctant to debate topics that will place Islam under scrutiny. Hence, it is now time to make our challenge public.
Arabic Christian Perspective hereby challenges Shabir Ally, Jamal Badawi, and Zakir Naik to a series of ten debates to take place next September against Christian debaters James White, David Wood, and Sam Shamoun. The topics (subject to modification pending input from our Muslim guests) will include:
(1) “Did Jesus Die by Crucifixion?”
(2) “Was Muhammad a Prophet of God?”
(3) “Has the Qur’an Been Perfectly Preserved?”
(4) “Did Christians Corrupt the Gospel?”
(5) “Can We Trust Paul?”
(6) “Does Science Show that Islam Is True?”
(7) “Does the Bible Teach that Jesus Is God?”
(8) “Does the Bible Tell Us about Muhammad?”
(9) “Is Islam a Religion of Peace?”
(10) “Is Christianity a Religion of Peace?”
We issue this challenge nearly a year in advance, so that there is plenty of time to schedule and coordinate the events. We invite Muslims to encourage Shabir Ally, Jamal Badawi, and Zakir Naik to join us for a series that will shed light on the major issues of both faiths, and help the world to see where the evidence points. Since James White, David Wood, and Sam Shamoun have already agreed to the series, we await the response of Islam’s top debaters.
James White has added some commentary here.