Friday, August 2, 2013

U.S. Temporarily Closing Embassies in Muslim Countries Due to Terrorist Threat

Just when you thought the "Arab Spring" was making the world a safer place . . .

FoxNews—The State Department issued a worldwide travel alert on Friday to U.S. citizens over an Al Qaeda terror threat, as the U.S. government prepared to close its embassies and consulates throughout the Muslim world this Sunday over related security concerns.

U.S. officials have not offered many details on the nature of the threat, but apparently are taking it seriously.

John Bolton, former U.S. ambassador to the U.N., said the alert indicates the U.S. government must have some "pretty good information" about a possible threat.

The travel alert issued Friday warned Americans of the "continued potential for terrorist attacks, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula."

It said: "Current information suggests that al-Qa'ida and affiliated organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks both in the region and beyond, and that they may focus efforts to conduct attacks in the period between now and the end of August."

The alert reminded Americans about the potential for attacks on transit systems and other "tourist infrastructure."

Pentagon officials also said there is an increased alert among security personnel in the region in response to the Al Qaeda terror threats.

"Actions have been taken," one Pentagon official told Fox News.

Retired Gen. Jack Keane, a Fox News military analyst, said the threat is yet another sign that Al Qaeda and its affiliates are emboldened -- and stressed that the U.S. needs to do a better job securing its embassies.

"It has got to be one of our top priorities," he told Fox News.

Keane said it appears Al Qaeda is trying build off the Benghazi terror attack. "When they sense weakness, they attack," he said. "They believe that we're pulling back, and they were stunned ... that we did not come after them immediately after that attack." (Continue Reading.)

4 comments:

Joe Bradley said...

This is what Hillary Clinton should have done with the diplomatic compound in Benghazi - CLOSE IT!

It's not like she didn't have enough warning that it would be attacked since it had been attacked three times in the three months prior to September 11, 2012. Both the Brits and the American Red Cross bailed out of Benghazi immediately prior to the attack. U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens had even warned her that relations and security there had deteriorated to a dangerously low level.

Our President, Barry Sotero (AKA Obama) and his merry band of carnival barkers would have us all believe that this is "old news", however, Hillary (The Bimbo) Clinton may be planning a Presidential run in 2016 and she certainly brings this credential with her.

Contrary to Presidential assertions, Al-Qaeda IS alive, well and flourishing.

Fantasyland has moved to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW in Washington, D.C.. This is where Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto reside.

bam bamba said...

I heard how intelligent this Egyptian boy is and thought this is one of the best indictment of the quran.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkTMWpXcsuY

Gary Fouse said...

"Closed for spring"

JP Prasad said...

First of all USA needs to stop supporting terrorists, giving billions of funds as free,, every year Pakistan gets about billions of funds from USA, they use this funds to fund, breed terrorists,, these terrorists again attack on america,,lol,, funny,