Detroit, MI (January 3, 2011) – Christian Action Network (CAN) and PRB Films will show a new documentary on the controversial Ground Zero Mosque on January 15, 2011 - the same city block and day as an event hosted by the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA). ISNA will host Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the Muslim cleric behind the proposed development of the Ground Zero Mosque, as he kicks off his speaking tour throughout the US.
CAN President and developer of Sacrificed Survivors: The Untold Story of the Ground Zero Mega-Mosque, Martin Mawyer, plans to hold screenings of the documentary in cities throughout the US to combat Rauf’s attempt to garner public support for his GZ mosque.
“We made this film so that the people who were on the scene on 9/11 or lost family members in those attacks could have their say on the Ground Zero mosque issue,” Mawyer said. “They are the ones who will have to live with it near the graves of their loved ones and they need to be asked what they think.”
CAN is encouraging other organizations to host a screening to give a voice to the survivors of 9/11. The screening will include a panel discussion, featuring the following individuals:
* Martin Mawyer, CAN President and developer of Sacrificed Survivors: The Untold Story of the Ground Zero Mega Mosque.
* Tim Brown, a retired NYFD and a 9-11 first responder. Tim is also Founder of The Bravest, an organization dedicated to supporting slain members of the NYFD and their families.
* Michael Burke, brother of Captain Billy Burke, a New York City firefighter whose life was lost on 9/11. Michael will tell you the story of why Captain Burke was a true hero. He safely exited the World Trade Center on that day and he could have returned home to his family, but instead chose to save the lives of others.
* Nonie Darwish, an Egyptian-American human rights activist, and founder of Arabs For Israel, and is Director of Former Muslims United. Darwish blames "the Middle Eastern Islamic culture and the propaganda of hatred taught to children from birth" for his death. After September 11, 2001 she has been a national leader opposing the Mosque.
* Andy Sullivan, founder of the 9/11 Hard Hat Pledge, a petition signed by construction workers vowing to never build the Ground Zero mosque. Andy escaped World Trade Center Tower I before it collapsed and for weeks after the attacks, worked with the bucket brigade that searched for survivors and the remains of victims in the rubble. Today, Andy is a leader of the opposition against the Ground Zero mosque.
The screening is open to the public and will be held at Ford Community & Performing Arts Center at 15801 Michigan Avenue, Dearborn, MI 48126. To RSVP or interview Martin Mawyer or any of the Sacrificed Survivors, please email Amber@Sullivan-Strategies or call 917-239-2554.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Documentary Fighting Ground Zero Mosque Kicks off Tour in Detroit
A mosque at Ground Zero would be a symbol of Islamic victory and supremacy. Imam Rauf is launching a speaking tour meant to convince us that it would be a symbol of peace and tolerance. As Imam Rauf's tour kicks off in Detroit, the Christian Action Network will be showing a documentary in nearby Dearborn.
"Jehangir Khan, a witness who saw the suspect after he was detained by the police, told The Associated Press that the man was boasting about the act, saying, "Hey, you all, come and see, I have killed a blasphemer. You come and join me. Chant Allahu Akbar (God is great)!"
Yup nothing to fear hear people
I'm sure many muslim will laugh and enjoy the scene. This is what they are called to do...JIHAD.
As I listened to our TV program "Global@10"..many callers who speak out to encourage muslim from all over the world to go to Israel to fight on behalf of the Arab Palestine. Looking at the development mounting up against the nation of Israel, fanatic like the body guard of this Mayor could spark and encouraged other fanatic to do the same and called for Jihad to fight against Israel and Christian. The only two groups that was hated most in the quran are the Jews and Christian. BTW...westeners are consider Christian in the muslim world.
Hey......Dearborn was where you guys were arrested for having a peaceful dialogue last year and where you guys got assaulted for asking a question about Islam in 2009.
Are you guys going to Dearborn this year?????????
Post a Comment